Residence Inn by Marriott Milwaukee West
What services do you intend to have for guests bringing their vehicles?
- Onsite self-parking
Will your hotel have bell staff?
How will the property facilitate the ability to provide tips at guests’ discretion?
- Cash only
How will the front desk be set up compared to normal operating procedures?
- Hand sanitizer for desk agents
- Hand sanitizer for guests
- Desk agents wearing masks or other PPE
- Protective barrier/sneeze shield installed at the front desk
- Mobile check-in
What will be the new housekeeping protocols?
- Stay-over service every 5th day as requested. Extra sanitizing of high touch areas of each guestroom and public spaces.
How frequently will housekeeping be cleaning public areas of the hotel?
- Staff will continually clean Public areas throughout the property. Every 2-3 hours minimally or after guest use.
How often will lobby and other common space furniture be cleaned? (e.g. chairs, end tables, couches, etc.)
- After each guest use or every 2-3 hours minimum.
How frequently will towels and bed linens be changed?
- Every 5 days. guests may request these items by visiting the Front Desk if needed.
What is the property’s plan for cleaning other necessary items in rooms, such as remote controls or telephones?
- P&G products continue to be used and are approved by the FDA.
Will single-use paper and plastics be used?
What, if any, sustainability practices will still be in place?
- Recycling remains available.
How will each room be prepared between guests?
- Each room continues to be cleaned and sanitized using approved P&G products. Extra attention is given to high touch areas of the guest room.
How long will a room sit empty before being cleaned?
- Room will be cleaned and sanitized after each guest use.
How long will a room sit empty before checking another guest in?
- Guests may check-in after a room has been properly cleaned and sanitized.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Will there be Grab and Go menu options?
- Yes – Breakfast bags are available to be picked up at the Front Desk for each guest.
Will room service be available?
Will your gift or sundries shop be open?
Would you consider having masks and gloves available for purchase?
Can you give us an overview of your COVID-19 training program?
- Marriott has a strict training program for all associates. Hotels must also certify compliance with Marriott monthly throughout the pandemic.
What protocols will the property have in place for guests?
- Social distancing
What protocols and policies will the property have in place for staff?
- COVID-19 sick-leave requirements
- Frequent handwashing
- Mask requirements
- Reporting cold- or flu-like symptoms and refraining from work
- Social distancing
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Will social distancing procedures be based on federal, state, and/or local mandates?
Which staff will be increased in order to maintain new standards?
What plan does your property have to respond to an individual who will not abide by the safety protocols put in place (e.g. refusal to wear a mask)?
- Staff will be dealt with by management. Guests are not required to wear masks but are encouraged.
Will staff be trained in de-escalation?
Will other methods be used (e.g. onsite security or request for law enforcement in extraordinary situations)?
Will your property appoint a single individual to be designated as the primary contact responsible for infection mitigation and implementation of COVID-19 related protocols?
- Yes – General Manager, Assistant General Manager
Has your hotel modified its Emergency Action Plan?
Has your egress plan been modified?
Has your hotel modified its Manager On-Duty guidelines?
ADDITIONAL PUBLIC AREAS
What items will your property have readily available in public spaces?
- Hand sanitizer
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in elevators/waiting to get on elevators?
- No. Social distancing is encouraged.
Will the occupancy of elevators be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- No. Social Distancing is encouraged.
How often will public restrooms be cleaned?
- Every 2-3 hours and as needed.
Will the occupancy of public restrooms be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
Will your hotel’s swimming pool/whirlpool be open?
Will your hotel’s gym/workout facility be open?
- Yes – Max of three guests. Must sign up for a time at the Front Desk.
Will your hotel’s business center be open?
- Yes – Sanitizing after each guest’s use.
Please list any additional public facilities that will be open.
- Patio and Sport Court open with social distancing encouraged.
IN-HOUSE MEETINGS/MEETING SPACE
Will you allow separate meeting/conference registration to be set up in your lobby?
Does your hotel offer full food and beverage service for meetings/conferences?
Will there be disposable silverware?
Will buffets be an option?
How will meetings rooms be sanitized between sessions?
- Cleaned after every use.
Will the hotel require longer breaks between sessions in order to provide enough time to disinfect seats?
Are physical handouts and swag allowed?
What guidelines can our organizers model to help guests observe proper social distancing at receptions and networking events?
- Social Distancing is encouraged.
What in-room amenities do you currently provide?
- Dishes and silverware (cleaned between guests)
- Shampoo (replaced after each guest)
- Conditioner (replaced after each guest)
- Soap (replaced after each guest)
Will standard items be removed from rooms such as coffee pots, minibar options, iron, glassware, refillable shampoo/body wash?
- No – All items are washed and sanitized. All individual amenities are replaced.
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in each hotel room?
- Only registered guests are permitted.
Will the hotel disallow more than single or double occupancy for rooms where the occupants do not already live together?
Will the hotel still offer shuttle services?
Will the hotel have any limits on the number of floors or rooms opened at one time?
- All floors open
If your property does learn that a guest has tested positive, presumptive positive, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, what is the response protocol?
- Room will be locked down for 3 days after guests departure. Guests will not be permitted in any public areas. PPE will be worn by all staff once the room is ready to be cleaned and sanitized.
Will symptomatic guests be forced to vacate the property?
Will symptomatic guests be isolated/nearby guests relocated?
Will warning signage be placed near a room occupied by a symptomatic guest?
Will your property contact health officials?
Will your property notify the group’s contacts (DNCC) of this incident and who is involved?
Will your property conduct contact tracing and notify other impacted guests?
Will your property initialize heavy sanitation of all common spaces, entryways, and other public property areas where the symptomatic guests have been?