The Pfister Hotel
What services do you intend to have for guests bringing their vehicles?
- Onsite self-parking
Will your hotel have bell staff?
- Yes – Bags will be delivered upon request. Associates will wear gloves and sanitize bell cart between guests.
How will the property facilitate the ability to provide tips at guests’ discretion?
How will the front desk be set up compared to normal operating procedures?
- Hand sanitizer for desk agents
- Hand sanitizer for guests
- Desk agents wearing masks or other PPE
- Protective barrier/sneeze shield installed at the front desk
- Social distancing markers at check-in lines
- Social distancing markers throughout the lobby
- Mobile check-in
- Mobile room key
- Temperature check for staff
- Fuller well-being checks for staff
What will be the new housekeeping protocols?
- Rooms will be sanitized through the requirements of the Pfister CleanCare Pledge. All hard surfaces will be cleaned.
How frequently will housekeeping be cleaning public areas of the hotel?
- Hourly or more frequently depending on business levels.
How often will lobby and other common space furniture be cleaned? (e.g. chairs, end tables, couches, etc.)
- Hourly and in-between guest use
How frequently will towels and bed linens be changed?
- All linen will be changed between guest stays.
What is the property’s plan for cleaning other necessary items in rooms, such as remote controls or telephones?
- Sanitized if possible, discard and replace if required
What, if any, sustainability practices will still be in place?
- Hotel will continue to fallow standard practices related to paper/cardboard. We look to guest participation in sustaining waster consumption through linen usage and laundry services.
How will each room be prepared between guests?
- Rooms will be sealed and locked for 24 hours with applicable before room attendant can enter the room and follow the Pfister CleanCare Pledge guidelines for cleaning rooms for the next arriving guests
How long will a room sit empty before being cleaned?
- We are currently working to allow 24-48 hours when applicable.
How long will a room sit empty before checking another guest in?
- Immediately after the room is cleaned and sanitized.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Which of your restaurants will be open and what will their hours be?
- Cafe Pfister 6a-2p
- Cafe Barista 6am – 5 pm
- Pfister Lobby Lounge 11am to close
- In-room Dining 6am- Midnight
What new processes will be in place to ensure restaurant spaces are adequately sanitized and disinfected?
- We will follow CDC and State Guidelines for restaurant occupancy and social distancing. All guest’s contact areas will be sanitized between guests and between-meal periods with Electrostatic Spray Devices.
When and how frequently will restaurants be deep cleaned?
- Every day prior for opening and between meal periods
How will menu items be presented?
- Online, guest’s mobile device
- Disposable paper menus
Will there be Grab and Go menu options?
Will room service be available?
- Yes – Order via disposable menu or QR Code. All items are served in to-go containers packages and sealed after being prepared.
Will your gift or sundries shop be open?
Would you consider having masks and gloves available for purchase?
Can you give us an overview of your COVID-19 training program?
What protocols will the property have in place for guests?
- Social distancing
What protocols and policies will the property have in place for staff?
- COVID-19 sick-leave requirements
- Frequent handwashing
- Gloves requirements
- Mask requirements
- Other PPE requirements
- Reporting cold- or flu-like symptoms and refraining from work
- Social distancing
- Temperature and/or other well-being checks
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Will social distancing procedures be based on federal, state, and/or local mandates?
Which staff will be increased in order to maintain new standards?
- Front desk
- Guest Services (onsite)
What plan does your property have to respond to an individual who will not abide by the safety protocols put in place (e.g. refusal to wear a mask)?
- We do not mandate for guests at this time but strongly recommend. We do have 24-hour security and have launched a new Guest Ambassador who works to ensure social distancing and sanitizing guidelines are being followed.
Will staff be trained in de-escalation?
Will other methods be used (e.g. onsite security or request for law enforcement in extraordinary situations)?
Will your property appoint a single individual to be designated as the primary contact responsible for infection mitigation and implementation of COVID-19 related protocols?
- Yes – Guest Service Ambassador
Has your hotel modified its Emergency Action Plan?
Has your egress plan been modified?
Has your hotel modified its Manager On-Duty guidelines?
ADDITIONAL PUBLIC AREAS
What items will your property have readily available in public spaces?
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitary wipes
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in elevators/waiting to get on elevators?
- Signs have been placed at the entrance of each elevator on every floor
Will the occupancy of elevators be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- Yes – 2 person/5 family capacity
How often will public restrooms be cleaned?
- Hourly or more based on usage
Will the occupancy of public restrooms be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
Will your hotel’s swimming pool/whirlpool be open?
- Yes – Pool will be by reservation only and limited occupancy. The keys must be checked out at the front desk. The pool is cleaned and sanitized between each user.
Will your hotel’s gym/workout facility be open?
- Yes – Limited occupancy and social distancing between machines and equipment. All equipment is sanitized between uses and once cleaned a sanitized marker is placed on the equipment noting it has been given the proper attention. Disposable cups and earbuds are provided.
Will your hotel’s business center be open?
- Yes – Limited occupancy, social distancing is encouraged. This area is cleaned hourly and sanitized.
IN-HOUSE MEETINGS/MEETING SPACE
Will you allow separate meeting/conference registration to be set up in your lobby?
- Yes – We will identify the space and provide you with any requirements per each specific event.
Does your hotel offer full food and beverage service for meetings/conferences?
How will banquet service take place?
- All food will be plated and served. We will provide both stand and disposable silverware, depending on the specific requests of each event.
Will there be disposable silverware?
Will buffets be an option?
How will meetings rooms be sanitized between sessions?
- Electrostatic sprayers will be deployed between sessions to sanitize the tables and chairs. We will also have hand sanitizer available in each meeting room.
Will the hotel require longer breaks between sessions in order to provide enough time to disinfect seats?
How will AV equipment (including microphones, clickers, and podiums) be sanitized between users?
- All portable equipment will be sanitized prior to use
Are physical handouts and swag allowed?
What guidelines can our organizers model to help guests observe proper social distancing at receptions and networking events?
- Clearly set out expectations prior to an event. This can be through an announcement, email, etc. We will be happy to give you a letter outlining our expectations.
Will standard items be removed from rooms such as coffee pots, minibar options, iron, glassware, refillable shampoo/body wash?
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in each hotel room?
- We will not. We will have signage at every elevator bank and on every floor.
Will the hotel disallow more than single or double occupancy for rooms where the occupants do not already live together?
Will the hotel still offer shuttle services?
Will the hotel have any limits on the number of floors or rooms opened at one time?
- All floors open
If your property does learn that a guest has tested positive, presumptive positive, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, what is the response protocol?
- Hotel management team assesses each specific situation and determines the appropriate response.
Will symptomatic guests be forced to vacate the property?
Will symptomatic guests be isolated/nearby guests relocated?
Will warning signage be placed near a room occupied by a symptomatic guest?
Will your property contact health officials?
Will your property notify the group’s contacts (DNCC) of this incident and who is involved?
Will your property conduct contact tracing and notify other impacted guests?
Will your property initialize heavy sanitation of all common spaces, entryways, and other public property areas where the symptomatic guests have been?