Hilton Milwaukee City Center
What services do you intend to have for guests bringing their vehicles?
- Onsite self-parking
Will your hotel have bell staff?
How will the property facilitate the ability to provide tips at guests’ discretion?
How will the front desk be set up compared to normal operating procedures?
- Hand sanitizer for desk agents
- Hand sanitizer for guests
- Desk agents wearing masks or other PPE
- Protective barrier/sneeze shield installed at the front desk
- Social distancing markers at check-in lines
- Social distancing markers throughout the lobby
- Mobile check-in
- Mobile room key
- Temperature check for staff
- Fuller well-being checks for staff
What will be the new housekeeping protocols?
- Rooms will be sanitized through the Hilton Lysol Stay Clean program. All hard surfaces will be wiped down. All linen replaced at check-out irrespective of use. Disposable paper cups will be provided for use. Ice on request. Guest rooms will not be serviced if a guest is staying multiple nights unless it is requested. We will provide terry/linen and amenities to guestrooms in a bag on request which will be hung on the door. Limited collateral in rooms.
How frequently will housekeeping be cleaning public areas of the hotel?
- On a continuous basis. Every hour on the hour. We will have electrostatic sprayers being used on frequent touch points. Staff will be on duty wiping down seating, hard surfaces, etc constantly. Fitness center will have limited usage and cleaned between use and all equipment will be sanitized after each use.
How often will lobby and other common space furniture be cleaned? (e.g. chairs, end tables, center tables, couches, etc.)
- Continuously. Please see above.
How frequently will towels and bed linens be changed?
- On request only.
What is the property’s plan for cleaning other necessary items in rooms, such as remote controls or telephones?
- We will be following the Hilton Brand Standards for room sanitation and cleaning protocols.
Will single-use paper and plastics be used?
What, if any, sustainability practices will still be in place?
- We will continue to follow our standard practices related to paper/cardboard. We look for guest participation in sustaining water consumption through linen usage and laundry services.
How will each room be prepared between guests?
- Rooms will be sealed and locked down for 24 hours when applicable before a room attendant can enter the room and follow the Hilton Stay Clean guidelines for cleaning a room for the next arrival.
How long will a room sit empty before being cleaned?
- This protocol is not mandated by Hilton but we have decided to follow the 24-48 hrs hold on cleaning a departure room when applicable.
How long will a room sit empty before checking another guest in?
- Immediately after the room gets cleaned and sanitized.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
What new processes will be in place to ensure restaurant spaces are adequately sanitized and disinfected?
- We will follow the CDC / State guidelines for restaurant occupancy / social distancing and sanitation. All tables and chairs once used will be sprayed down by an electrostatic sprayer. Tables will be wiped down and sanitized using peroxide cleaner.
When and how frequently will restaurants be deep cleaned?
- Every day prior to opening.
How will menu items be presented?
- Disposable paper menus
Will there be Grab and Go menu options?
Will room service be available?
- Not at this time. This will be revisited at a later date with increased occupancy.
Will your gift or sundries shop be open?
Would you consider having masks and gloves available for purchase?
What protocols will the property have in place for guests?
- Social distancing
- Hand sanitizers throughout the property. We will also provide face masks and sanitary wipes on request.
What protocols and policies will the property have in place for staff?
- COVID-19 sick-leave requirements
- Frequent handwashing
- Gloves requirements
- Mask requirements
- Other PPE requirements
- Reporting cold- or flu-like symptoms and refraining from work
- Social distancing
- Temperature and/or other well-being checks
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Will social distancing procedures be based on federal, state, and/or local mandates?
Which staff will be increased in order to maintain new standards?
- Guest services (onsite)
What plan does your property have to respond to an individual who will not abide by the safety protocols put in place (e.g. refusal to wear a mask)?
- We do not mandate it of our guests. We however hope that they will follow social distancing protocols and adhere to the protocols laid out by the property. We do have 24 hr security to assist with any unforeseen issues.
Will staff be trained in de-escalation?
Will other methods be used (e.g. onsite security or request for law enforcement in extraordinary situations)?
Will your property appoint a single individual to be designated as the primary contact responsible for infection mitigation and implementation of COVID-19 related protocols?
- Yes – Guest Service Ambassador, who will be responsible for all things COVID.
Has your hotel modified its Emergency Action Plan?
Has your egress plan been modified?
Has your hotel modified its Manager On-Duty guidelines?
ADDITIONAL PUBLIC AREAS
What items will your property have readily available in public spaces?
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitary wipes
How will the hotel monitor the amount of people in elevators/waiting to get on elevators?
- Signage at every elevator bank and on every floor.
Will the occupancy of elevators be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- Yes – 3 people / 5 family with a 1-meter separation per elevator.
How often will public restrooms be cleaned?
- Every 2 hours. Throughout the day.
Will the occupancy of public restrooms be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
Will staff monitor any queues which develop outside the restrooms to ensure social distancing?
Will your hotel’s gym/workout facility be open?
- Yes – Signage will be placed to limit the number to people using the facility at any given time. All equipment will be sanitized after each use. Stickers will be placed on sanitized equipment. Disposable cups will be provided for water. Disposable earbuds. Fitness center will have limited hours to assist with a complete sanitization of the space.
Will your hotel’s business center be open?
- Yes – Area is located in the lobby. Will be cleaned by the lobby attendant as used. We have provided special mouses and keyboards that self- cleanse after use.
IN-HOUSE MEETINGS/MEETING SPACE
Will you allow separate meeting/conference registration to be set up in your lobby?
- Yes – We will identify the space and provide you with what ever it is you may need.
How will banquet service take place?
- All food will be pre-packaged and served by a banquet associate. We will provide both standard and disposable silverware – depending on guest request. If there is a lunch or dinner service it will either be pre-plated or pre-packaged and served by an associate.
Will there be disposable silverware?
Will buffets be an option?
How will meeting rooms be sanitized between sessions?
- An electrostatic sprayer will be deployed between sessions to sanitize the tables and chairs. We will also have hand sanitizers available at each meeting room.
Will the hotel require longer breaks between sessions in order to provide enough time to disinfect seats?
How will AV equipment (including microphones, clickers, and podiums) be sanitized between users?
- All portable equipment will be pre-sanitized prior to use. There will be no collateral provided for guest use. Sanitary wipes will be available for use.
Are physical handouts and swag allowed?
What guidelines can our organizers model to help guests observe proper social distancing at receptions and networking events?
- Clearly set out expectations prior to an event. This can be through an announcement, email, letter, etc. We will be happy to give you a letter outlining our expectations.
Will standard items be removed from rooms such as coffee pots, minibar options, iron, glassware, refillable shampoo/body wash?
- Yes – We will follow the Lysol Clean Stay program set forth by Hilton Corporation.
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in each hotel room?
- We will not. We will have signage at every elevator bank and on every floor.
Will the hotel disallow more than single or double occupancy for rooms where the occupants do not already live together?
Will the hotel still offer shuttle services?
- Yes – Shuttle services are for crew transportation only. Sanitized after every pick-up and drop-off. Capacity will be set at 6 people at a time. Guests will not be evaluated prior to being allowed to board.
Will the hotel have any limits on the number of floors or rooms opened at one time?
- All floors open
If your property does learn that a guest has tested positive, presumptive positive, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, what is the response protocol?
- Hotel management team assesses each specific situation and determines the appropriate response.
Will symptomatic guests be forced to vacate the property?
Will symptomatic guests be isolated/nearby guests relocated?
Will warning signage be placed near a room occupied by a symptomatic guest?
Will your property contact health officials?
Will your property notify the group’s contacts (DNCC) of this incident and who is involved?
Will your property conduct contact tracing and notify other impacted guests?
Will your property initialize heavy sanitation of all common spaces, entryways, and other public property areas where the symptomatic guests have been?