Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
What services do you intend to have for guests bringing their vehicles?
- Valet parking – Valet will sanitize keys at check-in and return. They will also have the use of PPE and will wipe down touchpoints in vehicles
- Off-site self-parking
Will your hotel have bell staff?
- No – Valet can assist getting bags to the front desk or to rooms. If a guest checks a bag, the handles will be sanitized before returned to the guest
How will the property facilitate the ability to provide tips at guests’ discretion?
How will the front desk be set up compared to normal operating procedures?
- Hand sanitizer for desk agents
- Hand sanitizer for guests
- Desk agents wearing masks or other PPE
- Social distancing markers throughout the lobby
- Mobile check-in
- Mobile room key
- Temperature check for staff
- Fuller well-being checks for staff
What will be the new housekeeping protocols?
- Currently not offering “stay over service” – when a guest is checked in for multiple nights, housekeeping will not enter the room to restock items unless requested and the guest has vacated the room
How frequently will housekeeping be cleaning public areas of the hotel?
- Public areas will be sanitized consistently throughout the day. Sanitizing high touch areas (elevators buttons and handles, door push bars and handles, bathrooms, counters, railings)
How often will lobby and other common space furniture be cleaned? (e.g. chairs, end tables, center tables, couches, etc.)
- There will be a consistent wipe down of public space furniture along with the public areas of the hotel with a scheduled cleaning multiple times for each shift
How frequently will towels and bed linens be changed?
- Towels and bed linens fall into the stayover service category and will be changed by request only with the guest not present
What is the property’s plan for cleaning other necessary items in rooms, such as remote controls or telephones?
- All high touchpoints will be thoroughly sanitized in each room after each guest’s stay. In addition, Hilton Cleanstay program will be in use. For additional information regarding Hilton Cleanstay, please visit hilton.com
Will single-use paper and plastics be used?
How will each room be prepared between guests?
- Each room is thoroughly sanitized using sanitation chemicals with a thorough focus on high touch point areas. The hotel will follow Hilton Cleanstay guidance. For more information on Hilton Cleanstay please visit hilton.com
How long will a room sit empty before being cleaned?
- 24 hours
How long will a room sit empty before checking another guest in?
- 24 hours
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Which of your restaurants will be open and what will their hours be?
- The Social – 7 days a week, M-F 6a -10a, 11a -12p, S-S 7a to 11a, 4p to 1a
What new processes will be in place to ensure restaurant spaces are adequately sanitized and disinfected?
- There is be a sign off sheet for associates to complete for public space sanitation and each table will be throughout sanitized after each guest
When and how frequently will restaurants be deep cleaned?
- Deep cleaning procedure will be done weekly in addition to daily sanitizing and disinfecting procedures
How will menu items be presented?
- Online, guest’s mobile device
- Disposable paper menus
Will there be Grab and Go menu options?
- Yes – Prepackaged grab and go breakfast items, small sandwiches available in hotel pantry
Will room service be available?
- Yes – Items will be delivered in sealed bags to the rooms. The server will knock and leave the items outside of the room. The guest can then call when they are done and a server will come back to pick up to dispose
Will your gift or sundries shop be open?
Would you consider having masks and gloves available for purchase?
Can you give us an overview of your COVID-19 training program?
- Each employee has/will complete the training specifically outlined for their job code. Managers will also observe and ensure associates are following the new guidelines
What protocols will the property have in place for guests?
- Social distancing
What protocols and policies will the property have in place for staff?
- COVID-19 sick-leave requirements
- Frequent handwashing
- Gloves requirements
- Mask requirements
- Reporting cold- or flu-like symptoms and refraining from work
- Social distancing
- Temperature and/or other well-being checks
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Will social distancing procedures be based on federal, state, and/or local mandates?
Which staff will be increased in order to maintain new standards?
- Housekeeping, front desk, sales, etc.
What plan does your property have to respond to an individual who will not abide by the safety protocols put in place (e.g. refusal to wear a mask)?
- The guest would be politely spoken with regarding the health and safety concerns. If they continued to not respond to our safety protocols, additional discussions would be had with corporate leadership
Will staff be trained in de-escalation?
Will other methods be used (e.g. onsite security or request for law enforcement in extraordinary situations)?
Will your property appoint a single individual to be designated as the primary contact responsible for infection mitigation and implementation of COVID-19 related protocols?
- Yes – Area General Manager/Director of Operations
Has your hotel modified its Emergency Action Plan?
- Yes – We added COVID-19 Protocols
Has your egress plan been modified?
Has your hotel modified its Manager On-Duty guidelines?
- Yes – Additional responsibilities regarding staff interactions, staff arrival, social distancing guidelines, and training.
ADDITIONAL PUBLIC AREAS
What items will your property have readily available in public spaces?
- Hand sanitizer
How will the hotel monitor the amount of people in elevators/waiting to get on elevators?
- Signage along with the elevators being monitored by front desk due to its proximity
Will the occupancy of elevators be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- Yes – 4 People per Elevator
How often will public restrooms be cleaned?
- Multiple times per shift as they are part of public area responsibilities
Will the occupancy of public restrooms be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
Will staff monitor any queues which develop outside the restrooms to ensure social distancing?
Will your hotel’s gym/workout facility be open?
- Yes – Cleaned with sanitation wipes, following Hilton Cleanstay protocols
Will your hotel’s business center be open?
- Yes – Multiple cleaning and sanitizing daily
What will your new cleaning process be for this space?
- Cleaned during all shifts and after use
IN-HOUSE MEETINGS/MEETING SPACE
Will you allow separate meeting/conference registration to be set up in your lobby?
- Yes – We will need to discuss the best location for social distancing. We have an open area on our ground floor, possibly the library (off of the lobby), or the pre-function area on the ground floor
Does your hotel offer full food and beverage service for meetings/conferences?
How will banquet service take place?
- Plated, bottled waters at table, disposable silverware at table
Will there be disposable silverware?
Will buffets be an option?
How will meeting rooms be sanitized between sessions?
- Fully replace linens, wipe down high touch surfaces (doors, tables, chairs)
Will the hotel require longer breaks between sessions in order to provide enough time to disinfect seats?
How will AV equipment (including microphones, clickers, and podiums) be sanitized between users?
- Wipes will be available, sanitized between uses and during breaks
Are physical handouts and swag allowed?
What in-room amenities do you currently provide?
- Body lotion
Will standard items be removed from rooms such as coffee pots, minibar options, iron, glassware, refillable shampoo/body wash?
- No – All standard items are single-use
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in each hotel room?
- This is part of the registration process that has always been in place. We will not be able to monitor if more than the registered guests are in the room, however, we will be monitoring the hallways as part of our walks.
Will the hotel disallow more than single or double occupancy for rooms where the occupants do not already live together?
Will the hotel still offer shuttle services?
If your property does learn that a guest has tested positive, presumptive positive, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, what is the response protocol?
- Quarantine the area, let sit for 7 days, have a professional cleaning service come in to disinfect the room.
Will the hotel have any limits on the number of floors or rooms opened at one time?
- All floors open
Will symptomatic guests be forced to vacate the property?
Will symptomatic guests be isolated/nearby guests relocated?
Will warning signage be placed near a room occupied by a symptomatic guest?
Will your property contact health officials?
Will your property notify the group’s contacts (DNCC) of this incident and who is involved?
Will your property conduct contact tracing and notify other impacted guests?
Will your property initialize heavy sanitation of all common spaces, entryways, and other public property areas where the symptomatic guests have been?