Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Airport
What services do you intend to have for guests bringing their vehicles?
- Onsite self-parking
Will your hotel have bell staff?
How will the property facilitate the ability to provide tips at guests’ discretion?
- Can add tip to hotel bill
How will the front desk be set up compared to normal operating procedures?
- Hand sanitizer for desk agents
- Hand sanitizer for guests
- Desk agents wearing masks or other PPE
- Protective barrier/sneeze shield installed at the front desk
- Social distancing markers at check-in lines
- Social distancing markers throughout the lobby
- Temperature check for staff
- Fuller well-being checks for staff
What will be the new housekeeping protocols?
- Currently, the hotel is not cleaning stayover rooms. The hotel housekeeping staff will not enter the room until the guests’ departure. We will however provide garbage pickup, linen replenishment, and other amenity replenishment as required. Guest rooms remain vacant for 24-hours after a guest’s departure before the housekeeping staff enters to clean the room.
How frequently will housekeeping be cleaning public areas of the hotel?
- Public areas will be cleaned at a minimum 4 times a day however the front desk staff cleans the front desk area after guests leave that area along with the breakfast room and other public spaces.
How often will lobby and other common space furniture be cleaned? (e.g. chairs, end tables, couches, etc.)
- All furniture will be wiped down after a guest gets up from utilizing it
How frequently will towels and bed linens be changed?
- Towels/bed linens are changed upon guests’ departure or upon further request. As previously stated housekeeping service will not be provided during the guests stay however we will furnish the guests with additional terry and linens upon request.
What is the property’s plan for cleaning other necessary items in rooms, such as remote controls or telephones?
- Guest telephones and remote controls are cleaned with a disinfectant with a very low dwell time allowing all germs/bacteria to be killed in between guests.
Will single-use paper and plastics be used?
What, if any, sustainability practices will still be in place?
- The hotel offers public area and guest room recycling
How will each room be prepared between guests?
- Between guests, all linen and terry in the room are removed whether or not it is used. All will be cleaned and new terry/linen will be furnished in each room. Every hard surface in the room/bathroom will be sanitized.
How long will a room sit empty before being cleaned?
- Minimum of 24-Hours
How long will a room sit empty before checking another guest in?
- Minimum of 24-Hours
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Which of your restaurants will be open and what will their hours be?
- We have a breakfast area Currently as of 6/10/2020 we are not offering our breakfast buffet instead we are offering breakfast to-go bags at the front desk. This may change prior to the DNC convention however that will depend on our local health officials’ guidance along with brand guidance.
What new processes will be in place to ensure restaurant spaces are adequately sanitized and disinfected?
- Our space has been setup to allow social distancing.
When and how frequently will restaurants be deep cleaned?
- Breakfast room and kitchen have already been deep cleaned. Procedures are in place whereas the entire areas are deep cleaned nightly.
How will menu items be presented?
- No menus
Will there be Grab and Go menu options?
- Yes – Guests come to the front desk to request a bag and the front desk agent furnishes them with one
Will room service be available?
Will your gift or sundries shop be open?
Would you consider having masks and gloves available for purchase?
Can you give us an overview of your COVID-19 training program?
- All staff as of 6/10/2020 that interact with guests are required to wear face masks. All housekeeping staff has been trained to utilize gloves when cleaning each room and change gloves in between room cleanings. All staff has been personally trained on how to properly disinfect all areas of the hotel, minimize contact with others, and maintain social distancing protocols.
What protocols will the property have in place for guests?
- Social distancing
- Mask requirements
- Other PPE requirements
What protocols and policies will the property have in place for staff?
- COVID-19 sick-leave requirements
- Frequent handwashing
- Gloves requirements
- Mask requirements
- Other PPE requirements
- Reporting cold- or flu-like symptoms and refraining from work
- Social distancing
- Temperature and/or other well-being checks
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Will social distancing procedures be based on federal, state, and/or local mandates?
Which staff will be increased in order to maintain new standards?
What plan does your property have to respond to an individual who will not abide by the safety protocols put in place (e.g. refusal to wear a mask)?
- If a team member refuses to abide by mandated procedures they will be asked to leave and if they further refuse their employment will be terminated assuming no medical conditions exist that prevent them from complying with our mandates.
Will staff be trained in de-escalation?
Will other methods be used (e.g. onsite security or request for law enforcement in extraordinary situations)?
Will your property appoint a single individual to be designated as the primary contact responsible for infection mitigation and implementation of COVID-19 related protocols?
- Yes – General Manager
Has your hotel modified its Emergency Action Plan?
Has your egress plan been modified?
Has your hotel modified its Manager On-Duty guidelines?
ADDITIONAL PUBLIC AREAS
What items will your property have readily available in public spaces?
- Hand sanitizer
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in elevators/waiting to get on elevators?
- This will have to be on the honor system
Will the occupancy of elevators be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- Yes – 50% currently as of 6/10/2020
How often will public restrooms be cleaned?
- Minimum 3 times a day more as needed
Will the occupancy of public restrooms be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
Will your hotel’s swimming pool/whirlpool be open?
- As of 6/10/2020 per the city of Milwaukee, our pool is still closed. We do believe it will be open in time for DNC however we do not have a guarantee and also do not have further guidelines yet.
Will your hotel’s gym/workout facility be open?
- We are currently open and have ensured social distancing is observed, hand sanitizer is readily available, occupancy restricted to 50% of the max occupancy, and guest must sign out blocks of time.
Will your hotel’s business center be open?
- Yes – Areas will be disinfected when each guest leaves the area
IN-HOUSE MEETINGS/MEETING SPACE
Will you allow separate meeting/conference registration to be set up in your lobby?
Does your hotel offer full food and beverage service for meetings/conferences?
How will banquet service take place?
- F&B is offered via a licensed caterer. Social distancing is observed and currently no buffet options are available
Will there be disposable silverware?
How will meetings rooms be sanitized between sessions?
- All surfaces will be cleaned
Will the hotel require longer breaks between sessions in order to provide enough time to disinfect seats?
How will AV equipment (including microphones, clickers, and podiums) be sanitized between users?
- With a sanitizer with a low dwell time that completely disinfects.
Are physical handouts and swag allowed?
What in-room amenities do you currently provide?
Will standard items be removed from rooms such as coffee pots, minibar options, iron, glassware, refillable shampoo/body wash?
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in each hotel room?
- The hotel will monitor this at check-in or upon complaints received otherwise there is no other way to monitor guests in the room.
Will the hotel disallow more than single or double occupancy for rooms where the occupants do not already live together?
Will the hotel still offer shuttle services?
- Yes – Shuttle will be cleaned after each guest leaves their seat. Capacity will be set at 8 people. Every other seat will be empty unless guests live together. Guests will not be evaluated prior to being allowed to board.
Will the hotel have any limits on the number of floors or rooms opened at one time?
- All floors open
If your property does learn that a guest has tested positive, presumptive positive, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, what is the response protocol?
- The response will be to contact the local health department and follow whatever current protocols are in place at the time.
Will symptomatic guests be forced to vacate the property?
Will symptomatic guests be isolated/nearby guests relocated?
Will warning signage be placed near a room occupied by a symptomatic guest?
Will your property contact health officials?
Will your property notify the group’s contacts (DNCC) of this incident and who is involved?
Will your property conduct contact tracing and notify other impacted guests?
Will your property initialize heavy sanitation of all common spaces, entryways, and other public property areas where the symptomatic guests have been?