Drury Plaza Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
What services do you intend to have for guests bringing their vehicles?
- Onsite self-parking
Will your hotel have bell staff?
How will the property facilitate the ability to provide tips at guests’ discretion?
How will the front desk be set up compared to normal operating procedures?
- Hand sanitizer for desk agents
- Hand sanitizer for guests
- Desk agents wearing masks or other PPE
- Protective barrier/sneeze shield installed at the front desk
- Social distancing markers at check-in lines
- Social distancing markers throughout the lobby
- Temperature check for staff
- Fuller well-being checks for guests
- Fuller well-being checks for staff
What will be the new housekeeping protocols?
- Rooms are required to sit vacant for 24 hours between each guest and are thoroughly sanitized. Stay-over room cleaning service will not be available. Extra amenities will be available at the front desk.
How frequently will housekeeping be cleaning public areas of the hotel?
- All public spaces cleaned a minimum of three times per day.
How frequently will towels and bed linens be changed?
- All soft goods are changed between each guest, but will not be changed by housekeeping during a guest’s stay.
What is the property’s plan for cleaning other necessary items in rooms, such as remote controls or telephones?
- A sanitizer solution is used on all hard, high touch surfaces.
Will single-use paper and plastics be used?
What, if any, sustainability practices will still be in place?
- Our Use Less Get More program will still be offered, giving guests the opportunity to decline housekeeping services for Drury Rewards points.
How will each room be prepared between guests?
- Rooms are required to sit vacant for 24 hours before being thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. All soft goods are replaced, and all hard surfaces are sanitized.
How long will a room sit empty before being cleaned?
- 24 hours
How long will a room sit empty before checking another guest in?
- 24+ hours
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Which of your restaurants will be open and what will their hours be?
- The Kitchen & Bar at Wisconsin & Water. 5pm-2am nightly.
What new processes will be in place to ensure restaurant spaces are adequately sanitized and disinfected?
- All tables are cleaned with a sanitizer solution between each use.
When and how frequently will restaurants be deep cleaned?
- Restaurants will be deep cleaned weekly, or more frequently if needed.
How will menu items be presented?
- Display boards
- Disposable paper menus
Will there be Grab and Go menu options?
- Yes – Order at the counter for to-go or dine-in service.
Will room service be available?
Will your gift or sundries shop be open?
Would you consider having masks and gloves available for purchase?
Can you give us an overview of your COVID-19 training program?
- Review proper use of PPE; hand washing techniques; low contact check-in; safely sanitizing guest room and restaurant areas; public area sanitation standards; how to social distance effectively
What protocols will the property have in place for guests?
- Social distancing
- Masks, gloves, PPE available
What protocols and policies will the property have in place for staff?
- COVID-19 sick-leave requirements
- Frequent handwashing
- Gloves requirements
- Mask requirements
- Other PPE requirements
- Reporting cold- or flu-like symptoms and refraining from work
- Social distancing
- Temperature and/or other well-being checks
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Will social distancing procedures be based on federal, state, and/or local mandates?
Which staff will be increased in order to maintain new standards?
- Front Desk
- Guest Services (onsite)
Will staff be trained in de-escalation?
Will other methods be used (e.g. onsite security or request for law enforcement in extraordinary situations)?
Will your property appoint a single individual to be designated as the primary contact responsible for infection mitigation and implementation of COVID-19 related protocols?
Has your hotel modified its Emergency Action Plan?
Has your egress plan been modified?
Has your hotel modified its Manager On-Duty guidelines?
ADDITIONAL PUBLIC AREAS
What items will your property have readily available in public spaces?
- Hand sanitizer
- Signage, stanchions
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in elevators/waiting to get on elevators?
- Signage posted on each floor and in each elevator car indicating 1 individual or 1 family at a time.
Will the occupancy of elevators be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- Yes – 1 individual or 1 family at a time.
How often will public restrooms be cleaned?
- A minimum of once per day, as needed
Will the occupancy of public restrooms be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
Will your hotel’s swimming pool/whirlpool be open?
- Yes – All high-touch hard surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized between each guest’s use, pools limited to current social distancing guidelines for spacing, and maintaining recommended spacing.
Will your hotel’s gym/workout facility be open?
- Yes – All high-touch hard surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized between each guest use, social distancing guidelines will be in place
Will your hotel’s business center be open?
What will your new cleaning process be for this space?
- Cleaned and sanitized between use
Please list any additional public facilities that will be open.
- Guest laundry
- 5:30 Kickback Reception Area
IN-HOUSE MEETINGS/MEETING SPACE
Will you allow separate meeting/conference registration to be set up in your lobby?
Does your hotel offer full food and beverage service for meetings/conferences?
How will banquet service take place?
- Use of outside catering, grab and go, and with social distancing guidelines in place
Will there be disposable silverware?
Will buffets be an option?
How will meetings rooms be sanitized between sessions?
- Using a quaternary sanitizing solution on all high-touch hard surfaces, all surfaces cleaned and sanitized in between guest use
Will the hotel require longer breaks between sessions in order to provide enough time to disinfect seats?
How will AV equipment (including microphones, clickers, and podiums) be sanitized between users?
- Using a quaternary sanitizing solution between each use.
Are physical handouts and swag allowed?
What guidelines can our organizers model to help guests observe proper social distancing at receptions and networking events?
- Follow signage on floors and throughout the hotel. Usage of PPE in public areas, areas set with seating following social distancing guidelines.
What in-room amenities do you currently provide?
- Coffee maker
Will standard items be removed from rooms such as coffee pots, minibar options, iron, glassware, refillable shampoo/body wash?
- No – full cleaning and sanitizing in between guests, in addition to advanced cleaning protocols and time in
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in each hotel room?
- All guests are registered at the front desk upon arrival, max capacity adhered to with each guest room/suite
Will the hotel disallow more than single or double occupancy for rooms where the occupants do not already live together?
Will the hotel still offer shuttle services?
Will the hotel have any limits on the number of floors or rooms opened at one time?
- All floors open
If your property does learn that a guest has tested positive, presumptive positive, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, what is the response protocol?
- The guest room must sit vacant for 7 days. The room will be thoroughly disinfected on all hard & soft surfaces, including the HVAC system.
Will symptomatic guests be forced to vacate the property?
Will symptomatic guests be isolated/nearby guests relocated?
Will warning signage be placed near a room occupied by a symptomatic guest?
Will your property contact health officials?
Will your property notify the group’s contacts (DNCC) of this incident and who is involved?
Will your property conduct contact tracing and notify other impacted guests?
Will your property initialize heavy sanitation of all common spaces, entryways, and other public property areas where the symptomatic guests have been?