Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown
What services do you intend to have for guests bringing their vehicles?
- Valet parking – Valet Staff wears masks and sanitizes hands between vehicles.
- Onsite self-parking
Will your hotel have bell staff?
How will the property facilitate the ability to provide tips at guests’ discretion?
How will the front desk be set up compared to normal operating procedures?
- Hand sanitizer for desk agents
- Hand sanitizer for guests
- Desk agents wearing masks or other PPE
- Guests required to wear masks or other PPE
- Protective barrier/sneeze shield installed at the front desk
- Social distancing markers at check-in lines
- Social distancing markers throughout the lobby
- Mobile check-in
- Mobile room key
- Temperature check for staff
What will be the new housekeeping protocols?
- High touch items have been removed from the rooms. Daily Service in the rooms is no longer provided. Guests must request additional items needed for room. All trash and dirty towels/linens must be set outside of the rooms. Rooms will be serviced after 4 days. Guests can’t be present in room. Upon departure, entire room is sanitized and turned over.
How frequently will housekeeping be cleaning public areas of the hotel?
- Several times daily
How often will lobby and other common space furniture be cleaned? (e.g. chairs, end tables, center tables, couches, etc.)
- Several times daily
How frequently will towels and bed linens be changed?
- Housekeepers will not be entering guest rooms. But guests can be provided clean towels & bed linens as needed.
What is the property’s plan for cleaning other necessary items in rooms, such as remote controls or telephones?
- These items will be cleaned upon departure of the guest from the rooms.
Will single-use paper and plastics be used?
How will each room be prepared between guests?
- Fully cleaned and sanitized. All linen removed even if not used and every surface sanitized in addition to normal clean
How long will a room sit empty before being cleaned?
- Until Occupied
How long will a room sit empty before checking another guest in?
- After 4PM Check in time
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Which of your restaurants will be open and what will their hours be?
- The Bistro
6am – 10am Weekdays and 7am – 11am Weekends for Breakfast
5pm – 10pm Dinner and Bar all days.
What new processes will be in place to ensure restaurant spaces are adequately sanitized and disinfected?
- Cleaning protocol all areas sanitized and wiped frequently
When and how frequently will restaurants be deep cleaned?
- Daily (end of day)
How will menu items be presented?
- Display boards
- Disposable paper menus
Will there be Grab and Go menu options?
- Yes – The Market (open 24 hours) and The Bistro will offer Grab & Go options for purchase.
Will room service be available?
Will your gift or sundries shop be open?
Would you consider having masks and gloves available for purchase?
Can you give us an overview of your COVID-19 training program?
- We have a team playbook that we follow. We have daily huddles to refresh on the everchanging new procedures as well as communication tools such as TEAMS
What protocols will the property have in place for guests?
- Social distancing
- Mask requirements
What protocols and policies will the property have in place for staff?
- Frequent handwashing
- Mask requirements
- Reporting cold- or flu-like symptoms and refraining from work
- Social distancing
- Temperature and/or other well-being checks
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
Will social distancing procedures be based on federal, state, and/or local mandates?
Which staff will be increased in order to maintain new standards?
- Housekeeping, front desk, sales, etc.
What plan does your property have to respond to an individual who will not abide by the safety protocols put in place (e.g. refusal to wear a mask)?
- We will remind them of policy, offer to give them a mask and then ask them to return to their room
Will staff be trained in de-escalation?
Will other methods be used (e.g. onsite security or request for law enforcement in extraordinary situations)?
Will your property appoint a single individual to be designated as the primary contact responsible for infection mitigation and implementation of COVID-19 related protocols?
- Yes – Kerri Huelsbeck, General Manager
Has your hotel modified its Emergency Action Plan?
Has your egress plan been modified?
Has your hotel modified its Manager On-Duty guidelines?
ADDITIONAL PUBLIC AREAS
What items will your property have readily available in public spaces?
- Hand sanitizer
How will the hotel monitor the amount of people in elevators/waiting to get on elevators?
- Guidelines provided. Key access limited.
Will the occupancy of elevators be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- Yes – Signage marks 2 people in elevator
How often will public restrooms be cleaned?
- Several times daily
Will the occupancy of public restrooms be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- Yes – Individual bathrooms regulated by key entry.
How and by whom will the occupancy of public restrooms be enforced?
- Key access controlled by the front desk.
Will your hotel’s swimming pool/whirlpool be open?
- Yes – Regular sanitation and chemical check on pool. Pool will be controlled capacity. Limited key access controlled by the front desk.
Will your hotel’s gym/workout facility be open?
- Yes – Limited Occupancy, regular cleaning as well as Clorox wipes provided to guest for pre and post-workout wipe down of machines.
Will your hotel’s business center be open?
- Yes – Regular Sanitation and cleaning by house person.
Please list any additional public facilities that will be open.
- Hotel Lobby, Pool Table (balls, sticks, rack controlled & sanitized) and Bistro space.
IN-HOUSE MEETINGS/MEETING SPACE
Will you allow separate meeting/conference registration to be set up in your lobby?
- Yes – Social Distancing, mask requirement, and hand sanitizer.
Does your hotel offer full food and beverage service for meetings/conferences?
- Yes – Catered by our Bistro Staff
Will there be disposable silverware?
Will buffets be an option?
- Yes – Entire space will be cleaned and sanitized between uses.
How will meeting rooms be sanitized between sessions?
- Entire space will be cleaned and sanitized between uses.
Will the hotel require longer breaks between sessions in order to provide enough time to disinfect seats?
How will AV equipment (including microphones, clickers, and podiums) be sanitized between users?
- All equipment will be sanitized before being placed in the meeting space. Equipment will be cleaned and sanitized between uses.
Are physical handouts and swag allowed?
What guidelines can our organizers model to help guests observe proper social distancing at receptions and networking events?
- Masks, limited capacity, social distancing guidelines
What in-room amenities do you currently provide?
- Individual coffee pots, microwaves, refrigerators, ice upon request
Will standard items be removed from rooms such as coffee pots, minibar options, iron, glassware, refillable shampoo/body wash?
- Yes – Any amenities returned to the room will be sanitized.
Will the hotel disallow more than single or double occupancy for rooms where the occupants do not already live together?
Will the hotel still offer shuttle services?
Will the hotel have any limits on the number of floors or rooms opened at one time?
- All floors open
If your property does learn that a guest has tested positive, presumptive positive, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, what is the response protocol?
- We will provide them medical facilities in the area ask them to stay in the room and we will limit all in-person contact with that guest.
Will symptomatic guests be forced to vacate the property?
Will symptomatic guests be isolated/nearby guests relocated?
Will warning signage be placed near a room occupied by a symptomatic guest?
Will your property contact health officials?
Will your property notify the group’s contacts (DNCC) of this incident and who is involved?
Will your property conduct contact tracing and notify other impacted guests?
Will your property initialize heavy sanitation of all common spaces, entryways, and other public property areas where the symptomatic guests have been?