Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
What services do you intend to have for guests bringing their vehicles?
- Onsite self-parking
Will your hotel have bell staff?
- Yes – All baggage handling will be done with gloved personnel. Each time baggage is delivered the gloves are disposed of.
How will the property facilitate the ability to provide tips at guests’ discretion?
How will the front desk be set up compared to normal operating procedures?
- Hand sanitizer for desk agents
- Desk agents wearing masks or other PPE
- Social distancing markers at check-in lines
- Social distancing markers throughout lobby
What will be the new housekeeping protocols?
- Checked out rooms will not be cleaned until 24 hours after checkout. Stayover rooms will not be entered during the stay. Replacement towels and sundries will be delivered to the room upon request. plastic bags will be provided for used towels to be placed outside the door. Room attendants will have face masks on at all times. Plastic gloves will be replaced after each room is cleaned.
How frequently will housekeeping be cleaning public areas of the hotel?
- Every two hours for public areas, elevator cabs every hour
How often will lobby and other common space furniture be cleaned? (e.g. chairs, end tables, couches, etc.)
- Every two hours
How frequently will towels and bed linens be changed?
- Towels will be replaced on request. Linens will not be changed during the stay except in cases of an emergency
What is the property’s plan for cleaning other necessary items in rooms, such as remote controls or telephones?
- All rooms and contents are disinfected completely before checkin. Door seals are in place after inspection
Will single-use paper and plastics be used?
How will each room be prepared between guests?
- Completely sanitized and certified with an entry sticker placed after inspection
How long will a room sit empty before being cleaned?
- 24 hours
How long will a room sit empty before checking another guest in?
- As soon as it is available and certified
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Which of your restaurants will be open and what will their hours be?
- Aviator will be open as often as needed with at least a one hour close in between each meal period for complete sanitization.
What new processes will be in place to ensure restaurant spaces are adequately sanitized and disinfected?
- There will be a mini sanitization between each turn of each table.
When and how frequently will restaurants be deep cleaned?
- After each meal period
How will menu items be presented?
- Display boards
- Disposable paper menus
Will there be Grab and Go menu options?
Will room service be available?
Will your gift or sundries shop be open?
Would you consider having masks and gloves available for purchase?
Can you give us an overview of your COVID-19 training program?
- Marriott has produced a complete training program for all personnel in all departments which will be vigorously adhered to and reinforced
What protocols will the property have in place for guests?
- Social distancing
What protocols and policies will the property have in place for staff?
- COVID-19 sick-leave requirements
- Frequent handwashing
- Gloves requirements
- Mask requirements
- Reporting cold- or flu-like symptoms and refraining from work
- Social distancing
Will social distancing procedures be based on federal, state, and/or local mandates?
Which staff will be increased in order to maintain new standards?
- Front desk
What plan does your property have to respond to an individual who will not abide by the safety protocols put in place (e.g. refusal to wear a mask)?
- Management will be available at all times to mitigate infractions on an individual basis
Will staff be trained in de-escalation?
Will other methods be used (e.g. onsite security or request for law enforcement in extraordinary situations)?
Will your property appoint a single individual to be designated as the primary contact responsible for infection mitigation and implementation of COVID-19 related protocols?
- Yes – the General Manager
Has your hotel modified its Emergency Action Plan?
Has your egress plan been modified?
Has your hotel modified its Manager On-Duty guidelines?
- Yes – The new plan provides 24/7 coverage
ADDITIONAL PUBLIC AREAS
What items will your property have readily available in public spaces?
- Hand sanitizer
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in elevators/waiting to get on elevators?
Will the occupancy of elevators be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- Yes – Single or related use only
How often will public restrooms be cleaned?
- Every hour
Will the occupancy of public restrooms be limited to a percentage of normal capacity?
- Yes – capacity will vary by location
How and by whom will the occupancy of public restrooms be enforced?
Will staff monitor any queues which develop outside the restroom to ensure social distancing?
- Only if needed
Will your hotel’s swimming pool/whirlpool be open?
Will your hotel’s gym/workout facility be open?
Will your hotel’s business center be open?
- Yes – Sanitization after each use
IN-HOUSE MEETINGS/MEETING SPACE
Will you allow separate meeting/conference registration to be set up in your lobby?
- Yes – It will be limited to the pre-function space except for initial peak arrival day
Does your hotel offer full food and beverage service for meetings/conferences?
How will banquet service take place?
- All items will be dor service and pre-plated entrees will be available at a serving table for pickup by the guest. This will be carefully monitored by a hotel representative
Will there be disposable silverware?
Will buffets be an option?
How will meetings rooms be sanitized between sessions?
- Buffets will be limited to the modified version mentioned prior. This will be done by the F&B staff in conjunction with housekeeping staff
Will the hotel require longer breaks between sessions in order to provide enough time to disinfect seats?
How will AV equipment (including microphones, clickers, and podiums) be sanitized between users?
- By staff members with CDC approves cleaners
Are physical handouts and swag allowed?
What in-room amenities do you currently provide?
- The minimized version allows hair dryers, Iron and ironing boards, coffee maker, telephone and safes.
Will standard items be removed from rooms such as coffee pots, minibar options, iron, glassware, refillable shampoo/body wash?
- No – Part of the room attendant training procedures will be sanitizing items
How will the hotel monitor the number of people in each hotel room?
- The information will be required at check in
Will the hotel disallow more than single or double occupancy for rooms where the occupants do not already live together?
Will the hotel still offer shuttle services?
- Yes – Shuttles will be cleaned a minimum of every 2 hours or more often if time permits. Capacity will be set at 5 per shuttle. Guests will not be evaluated prior to being allowed to board.
Will the hotel have any limits on the number of floors or rooms opened at one time?
- All floors open
If your property does learn that a guest has tested positive, presumptive positive, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, what is the response protocol?
- Contacting proper County Health Department as well as the contact for the respective delegations.
Will symptomatic guests be forced to vacate the property?
Will symptomatic guests be isolated/nearby guests relocated?
Will warning signage be placed near a room occupied by a symptomatic guest?
Will your property contact health officials?
Will your property notify the group’s contacts (DNCC) of this incident and who is involved?
Will your property conduct contact tracing and notify other impacted guests?
Will your property initialize heavy sanitation of all common spaces, entryways, and other public property areas where the symptomatic guests have been?